Who is Carlos?
Please visit our sponsor. Without advertisement Vagamundos could not offer his travel experiences.
Carlos Olmo Bosco is Vagamundos. He discovered "the other way of traveling" when he was 16. Together with a friend, they toured Spain in the summer of 1976, with $30 on their pockets, a backpack, a sleeping bag, and a enormous interest in the "New Spain" emerging after the death of the spanish dictator, Franco. Wasted time on the roads hitchiking, sleeping nigths on the beaches, some problems with spanish "Guardia Civil", and 3 months eating cold food, prepared him very well for future trips.
Since then, he has been in more than 100 countries (but he is not counting them), he has learned to love and to respect other cultures and beliefs. His travel spirit is now stronger than ever, and his list of places to visit is bigger every day. For 20 years, he´s been trying to balance a profesional life as marketing director on the IT market with his travels, but finally he decided in year 2000 to start "travel for a living" instead of "live for travelling".
If he has to choose the most intense and magic moments he has experienced in his travels, this is the list:
- Picnic with mountain gorillas in Virunga (Zaire).
- Sunrise from the summit of Kilimanjaro (Tanzania).
- Sailing in Patagonia channels from Puerto Montt to Puerto Natales (Chile).
- Wake up in the jungle with the hawling monkies in the mayan temples of Tikal (Guatemala).
- Rafting the Zambezee river in Victoria Falls (Zimbawe).
- Sunrise in Machu Pichu from the Sun Gate after the 4 days Inca trail(Perú).
- Trekking in Patagonia, Torres del Paine and Cerro Torre (Chile and Argentina).
- Wandering around the small strees in Zanzibar Town (Tanzania) when there were not tourists, and sleeping on the beaches.
- Scuba diving with dolphins in Phee-Phee islands(Thailand).
- Crossing the jungle in Bali (Indonesia) to make rafting from the very start of the river.
- Descent of the Colorado Canyon (USA), and sleeping on the bottom.
- New Year`s eve party on the Sahara desert on a Jaima (arab tent).
- Sunset and sunrise on the Soulavesi sand dunes (Namibia).
- Sailing Amazon river and staying on a hut in the middle of the tropical jungle.
- Sleeping in cofee plantations with rastafaris in Blue Mountains (Jamaica).
- Trek the Golden Triangle (border between Thailand-Laos-Birmania) between poppy fields, and sleeping with the hilltribes.
- Live pure nature in islas Cíes (Galicia-Spain) when they were called the "small sheychelles".
Reading "The Little Prince" By Antoine de Saint Exupery he learned that the best travel is to your soul, but until he finds the way, he will keep travelling the outside world.
Published: 01/09/2002 12:40
All times are MET (GMT+1)
© Vagamundos.net, 2000-2002 • Contact
Production, design and